Ingredients Used at Libby Laboratories
There are many available materials for helping to prevent pre-mature aging as well as help decrease the appearance of aged skin. There are functional peptides and botanicals that have specific targeted actions. There are materials for reducing the appearance of wrinkles, for firming and tightening, as well as “botox in a bottle” type materials. There are also materials targeted towards reducing redness, soothing skin, battling environmental stress on the skin, evening the tone of the skin, brightening the clarity of the skin, reducing the appearance of stretch marks and cellulite, etc.
Green, white, oolong (black), and red (rooibos) tea extracts. Each of these types of teas provide excellent antioxidants to help keep skin healthy and protected from the elements.
Vitamins A, D, E, C, Beta-Carotene all provide antioxidant protection. Panthenol (Pro-Vitamin B5) is excellent to use for hair care (repairs hair shaft) and skin care (softens & moisturizes). We also have a specialized vitamin blend (A,C,E) in a liposome that gives time release of the vitamins. Other vitamins include a stable blend of vitamin C & E in a liquid form and a new anti-aging vitamin C material.
Blend of rice and oat proteins. We also have milk amino acids, keratin, collagen, elastin, yeast nucleic acids, glutamic acid (amino acid), and copper peptides. Various specialty peptides are created to target specific anti-aging actions.
Single botanical extracts include organic aloe vera, chamomile, sea kelp, witch hazel extracts (alcoholic & non-alcoholic), chlorophyll, cucumber extract, ginseng, papaya, red tea (rooibos), green tea, prickly pear, sage, and pumpkin enzymes.
We also have many botanical blends that contain various herbals. Some are listed below:
- Certified Organic herbal blend containing marshmallow, oat kernel, calendula, white tea, chamomile, lavender, sweet almond, comfrey, and clover.
- Certified Organic herbal blend containing cornflower, borage, green tea, apple, lavender, horsetail, cucumber, licorice and peach.
- Tropical blend containing mostly organic materials including acai, acerola, ginseng, goji, hibiscus, kiwi, mangosteen, noni, orchid, passionfruit, pineapple, and rice bran.
- Mixed fruit extracts that provide natural AHAs includes sugar maple, orange, lemon, sugar cane, bilberry.
- Antioxidant herbal blend containing white tea, licorice, olive, maritime pine bark (contains pycnogenol), pomegranate, rosemary, cocoa, grape seed, and white ginger.
- Herbal blend for skin brightening, cellulite products, and sore muscle/massage products contains angelica, arnica, birch leaves, bladderwrack, fennel, horse chestnut, irish moss, ivy, linden flowers, mugwort, St. Johns wort, and yerba mate.
- Moisturizing herbal blend containing alfalfa, calendula, comfrey, goldenseal, plantain, hibiscus, century, hydroxotyl, and beta glucan.
- Mixed tea blend containing green tea, white tea, and oolong (black) tea.
- Soothing and anti-redness blend containing yerba mate, kola nut and guarana.
- Hydrating seaweed blend containing carrageenan, Iceland moss, bladderwrack, spirulina, plankton, macrocystis sea kelp, and laminaria digitata sea kelp.
- Herbal blend containing burdock, comfrey, chamomile, calendula, elderflower, bitter orange flower, sea kelp, yarrow.
- Herbal blend containing birch leaf, birch sap, clover blossom, coltsfoot, horsetail, nettle, rosemary, sage, yarrow.
- Astringent herbal blend containing chamomile, lemon peel, cranesbill, calendula, sage, burdock, balm mint, black walnut.
Standard & Exotic Butters & Oils:
Shea butter, mango butter, coconut oil, avocado oil, rice bran oil, apricot kernel oil, olive oil, almond oil, organic sunflower oil, cocoa butter, grapeseed oil, jojoba oil, pistachio nut oil, primrose seed oil, sesame oil, safflower oil (high oleic for better stability), wheat germ oil, borage oil, bisabolol (oil from chamomile), organic calendula extract in oil.
Essential/aromatherapy fragrance oils include some of the following:
Lavender, orange, lemon, peppermint, spearmint, cinnamon, clove, cedarwood, pine needle, eucalyptus, rosemary, citronella, dlimonene, tea tree oil, benzaldehyde (almond).
Some other interesting & functional ingredients:
- Sodium PCA, Hyaluronic acid, Alpha lipoic acid, colloidal oatmeal, boron nitride, carrageenan, urea, guar gums, glucose derived moisturizers, peach kernel oil esters, lanolin & lanolin derived moisturizers, a variety of different silicone materials, and a variety of AHAs (glycolic, lactic, mixed fruit) & Beta Hydroxy acid (salicylic acid).
- Exfoliating & mask materials such as almond meal, corn, oat & rye flours, walnut shells, pumice, grape seeds, polyethylene, kaolin clay, bentonite, tapioca starch, jojoba wax beads, pumpkin enzymes.
- Hair treatment & conditioning ingredients including a variety of proteins (wheat, rice, oat, milk), many hair softening/conditioning ingredients, various polymers & resins to give shine, conditioning, detangling, softening, and styling hold, UV & color protectants.
- Wide range of preservatives to use from standard main stream preservatives that assure a rugged product for consumer use as well as paraben free preservative systems, glycine amino acid derived preservative, Japanese approved preservatives, and grapefruit seed preservative.