Libby Laboratories Facilities
Design & Development:
- Full service laboratory to design & develop unique custom formulations.
- Database of over 14,000 formulations to use as background in developing custom products.
- All ingredients used by our R & D chemists are quality control tested and approved. Libby Laboratories R & D chemists have from 15 – 40 years of experience in cosmetic formulation.
- Formulas can be developed from an idea or description of the type of product, matching the properties and aesthetics of another product, or using a formula that the customer has had developed elsewhere.
- Preservative effectiveness testing is done in-house by our qualified microbiologist who has over 17 years of experience in cosmetic preservation.
- Room temperature and elevated temperature stability studies are performed on formulations by our chemists.
- Computerized database for tracking raw materials, packaging materials, and order information.
- Double checking of batch calculations and weighing to assure correct materials and weights are used.
- GMP procedures for records, documentation, and tracking of all materials and products.
- Incoming quality control on all raw materials and packaging materials is performed under GMP guidelines.
- 30,000 square foot facilities to design, develop and manufacture custom personal care cosmetics, cosmeceuticals, and topical OTC products.
- Manufacturing equipment capacity ranges from 20 gallons to 1000 gallons. Larger quantities are produced by multiple batches.
- Manufacturing vessels are made of FDA approved grades of stainless steel. These vessels have heating & cooling capabilities and use variable speed propeller mixing or in-line homogenization.
- Other equipment includes colloid mills, planetary mixer, various sanitary pumps for transfer of products, digital scales for measurement, and filtration equipment.
- Chilling and filtration equipment for perfumes & colognes.
- Packaging capabilities include semi-automatic controlled filling of glass, plastic, or metal containers from 0.3 ounces to gallons.
- High speed automated bottle filling for larger volume.
- High speed tube filling of plastic, or laminate tubes.
- Hot product (e.g. balms, ointments, lip glosses) filling into glass, plastic, or metal jars, tubs or tins.
- Semi-automated powder filling and other miscellaneous filling capabilities.
- Automatic capping equipment.
- Wrap around labeling equipment and shrink bands for tamper evident seals.
- Non-contact ink-jet coding, label imprinting, and carton stenciling.
- Testing of all incoming raw materials, fragrances, packaging materials, and labeling materials to assure identity and consistent quality.
- Quality control personnel are responsible for all in-process checks, adjustments, and color matching.
- Quality control tests all manufactured products using various methods such as pH, viscosity, moisture determination, and various other tests.
- In-house microbiological testing of all products prior to filling.
- Assay of actives by various methods including volumetric titrations, UV scanning, and HPLC testing